As a consultant, I bring over 10 years of experience as a manager and therapist in a very busy spa.
I believe that a successful spa depends on the quality of its staff, not just as therapists, but also as hosts and hostesses who understand the business, the clientele and their needs in a spa environment. The open mindedness of the management and a sense of creativity are also important assets since therapists are not your typical 9 to 5 kind of workers.
Proper training, communication, accountability, hygiene, adapted working conditions, a sense of humor and respect – these are key components of that success.
I can help you with:
- Design: Review your blueprints to insure proper flow
- Hiring: Defining who the right fit is for your team
- Training: Facilitating the transition from school to working environment
- Quality control: Secret shopper
- Scheduling: Using a flexible schedule adapted to your needs and the independence of the therapists
- Staff retention: Staff turnover is time consuming and expensive — how to avoid it.